Hello to everyone, and especially near-future volunteers!
We're most fortunate to have a good stock of supplies thanks to all of you! Every once in a while we run short on things and since many of you ask what they can bring, here's a list of what we need the most.
At the moment, we are in desperate need of the following:
1.) Clipper blades!! We have several Andis AGR(+) clippers, but all our blades are broken (or blunt and no service available in Carriacou). We would need the size 40 or 40(SS) as those cut short enough for surgery sites.
2.) Green needles, 21Gx 5/8".
3.) Hibiscrub® (Chlorhexidine scrub)
Further on our wish list are:
- PGA (polyglycolic acid) braided absorbable sutures (e.g. Vicryl®), size USP 2-0, 0 and 1, on cutting needle (or spool)
- PDS (Polydioxanone) absorbable monofilament sutures (e.g. PDS® II), sizes USP 2-0 and 1
- PGCL (Poliglecaprone) absorbable monofilament sutures (e.g. Monocryl®), sizes USP 3-0 and 2-0
- Sterile surgical gloves, size 6.5
- Gauze squares (Swabs)
- Blue needles, 23Gx 5/8"
- Orange needles, 25Gx 5/8"
- Syringes, 1ml and 2ml
- Spiral giving sets and extensions
- Fipronil spot-ons or spray
- Simparica® / Nexguard® / Bravecto®
- Doxycycline tablets or capsules
- Malaseb® shampoo, (or similar/generic product with 2% miconazole nitrate and 2% chlorhexidine gluconate)
- Empty medicine bottles
- QuickSplints, forelegs and hind legs, all sizes
- Buster collars (20cm or bigger!)
- (Old) collars for small to medium sized dogs (5 - 15kg)
- Cat transport box